The main role of our proofreader is to provide internal proofreading and quality checks of various client and proprietary documents including Word or pdf documents, PowerPoint or Prezi decks, web content, banner ads, microsites, print ads, out-of-home boards, brochures, miscellaneous collateral items, proposals, etc. This position is ideal for an experienced proofreader who would like to move to a junior copywriter role.
- Proofread advertising materials and use standard, industry-wide symbols to note edits required or errors detected.
- Ensure copy edits have been made in layout and trademark symbols are in place.
- Fact-check information, as requested, or as you identify the need during proofreading efforts.
- Reference AP, Midan and client style guides.
- Update and distribute Midan style guide on a quarterly basis.
- Work with copywriter to generate copy for advertising materials.
- Use creative instincts to develop engaging concepts to fulfill client expectations.
- Other work as directed.
2-3 years related professional experience in an agency environment
Expert command of English grammar, mechanics, spelling, grammar and punctuation
In-depth experience using AP Style Guide
Scrupulous approach to detailed work
Careful eye for catching grammatical, typographical or compositional errors and incorrect word usage
Ability to review content, fact-check information and raise flags about questionable or inconsistent information
Strong oral and written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment while working independently
Ability to adapt to fluctuating project demands, including rush requests, and manage multiple projects and deadlines
Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Prezi and Adobe Acrobat
Education, Training and Network
Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or other related field
Candidates must successfully pass a proofreading test to be considered.