Freelance Art Director
Midan Marketing is a marketing and communications agency that provides its clients with personalized service. Our team members each bring a variety of skills and expertise to the organization. A team approach is used to ensure that each client has access to all the skills and expertise necessary in order to deliver marketing and communications as needed. A team leader is assigned as the primary account executive for each of our clients. As requests for services are identified, assignments will be made with team members to fulfill those needs. Our team approach to working on client needs gives each team member the opportunity to work on a variety of different programs and provide either leadership or support to ensure that all clients receive outstanding program execution.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Our freelance art director will design ads, websites, outdoor media and other marketing collateral on behalf of our clients. The freelance art director will translate marketing strategy into a visual language that speaks to the target audience and expresses the brand equity. The freelance art director will create and maintain the visual look for all the work on an account, making sure the client’s marketing materials are visually engaging and the selling message is clear.
- Develop concepts for a mix of B2B and B2C clients and brands
- Design for a diverse range of media, from traditional – print, direct mail, tradeshows, TV – to all things digital, including websites, email campaigns, banner ads, mobile sites, apps, social media experiences and whatever else is just over the horizon
- Handle multiple projects and manage deadlines appropriately
- Other work as directed
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree graphic design communications or related field, with a strong portfolio. Three to five years of digital marketing experience in an agency (or agency-like) setting is required.
Successful candidates must have:
- Ability to translate marketing strategy into persuasive layouts, logos and packaging
- Ability to manage a project form concept through production, in multiple media
- High-level competence in the entire Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of mobile web design and small screen variables
- Understanding of the latest web technologies and their capabilities
- Ability to handle changing priorities and multiple projects simultaneously
- Be an expert at communicating through sketches, mood boards, etc.
- Have strong typographic and layout skills
- Be a selfless team player that’s not afraid to work independently
- Have superior organization, communication and problem solving skills
- Video/broadcast experience preferred, but not required
- Experience/familiarity with the following: Drupal, Joomla, ModX, WordPress or similar
- Practical understanding of HTML and CSS
The Freelance Art Director position is based in our Mooresville, North Carolina, office.