Working with the market research director and members of our account management team, the primary role of the Senior Market Research Analyst is to help identify business problems and develop viable solutions through predictive modeling and other advanced analytics techniques. This role will partner with and manage vendor relationships, including sample definition, questionnaire development, field management, analysis specifications and reporting, timelines and budgets.
The Senior Market Research Analyst will be an exceptional analytical thinker with the ability to distill large amounts of information into clear compelling findings and recommendations; a creative problem solver who can connect the dots to develop solutions for a broad range of research, analytics and insight challenges.
- Recommend and implement research methodologies, manage vendor relationships and ensure projects are executed within budget.
- Execute quantitative research studies in areas such as product testing, packaging, positioning, advertising effectiveness, in-store observation and virtual shopping.
- Build and sustain strategic partnerships with outside vendors and agencies to maximize relationship synergies.
- Lead effective implementation of market research plan ensuring each project is conducted according to proper procedure and meets the objectives of project.
- Synthesize data across custom, syndicated and secondary resources to tell a compelling story and help to formulate category/brand strategies and client plans.
- Articulate the “so what” from research findings and translate into business impact. Identify actionable insights, suggest recommendations and influence the direction of the client or business by effectively communicating results to cross-functional groups.
- Develop large scale statistical models for prediction, segmentation and other analyses.
- Guide the transition from quantitative findings to qualitative research.
- Translate complex information into concise analysis and recommendations for internal and external teams. Produce clearly written deliverables that relay this key information to stakeholders.
- Develop thorough understanding of meat industry and the challenges it faces to be able to consider client and Midan proprietary research needs.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Minimum 3-5 years producing quantitative ad hoc market research within the custom market research industry. Supplier side experience strongly preferred, but will consider client side experience, if relevant
Experience in various quantitative research methodologies, including ATUs, market segmentation, choice modeling, etc.
Experience with advanced statistical methods, such as regression analysis, cluster analysis, perceptual maps, conjoint analysis, discriminant analysis and others
Expertise with SPSS or similar statistical software highly desirable
Experience with qualitative research and/or syndicated data a plus
Demonstrated success managing research studies independently, from design to report delivery, including multi-market and complex research studies
Strong expertise in Excel and PowerPoint required
Experience in food/fresh meat industry a plus
Education, Training and Network
Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Market Research, Marketing, Business, Economics, Mathematics or the social sciences