The Senior Market Research Manager will work closely with the market research director to lead the execution of quantitative market research and help to coordinate qualitative research. Additional responsibilities will include conducting secondary industry and consumer research (from online and other sources) and analyzing syndicated data (IRI, Nielsen, NPD, etc.). The main responsibilities of the role include coordinating market research efforts with Midan’s account management team and clients, designing research projects to meet client information needs, interpreting data, performing or recommending analyses (including statistical analyses), creating reports and making recommendations based upon research findings.
The Senior Market Research Manager will become familiar with the meat industry and make justifiable recommendations regarding which client-based and internal research opportunities are most valuable to Midan Marketing and its clients and how these opportunities should be approached.
- Works with account management team and clients to understand and document business research objectives, including project briefing and scheduling project work
- Formulates research execution and analysis plans
- Designs and assists in the development of sampling plans and questionnaires
- Conducts or recommends analyses using different quantitative methods (including statistical/modeling methods)
- Performs quality control checks of survey websites and data
- Liaises with outside fieldwork vendors/contractors and other areas (sampling, programming, statistics, etc.) to ensure successful execution of research projects
- Programs questionnaires using Qualtrics or works with outside suppliers for questionnaire programming and hosting
- Prepares analyses and tab specification plans
- Analyzes results and develops PowerPoint reports (or contributes to other deliverables – e.g., creative materials), including drafting of conclusions and recommendations
- Potential to manage junior market research analyst as Midan Marketing’s market research team expands
Minimum of 7-10+ years producing quantitative ad hoc market research within the custom market research industry. Supplier side experience strongly preferred, but will consider client side experience, if relevant
Experience in various quantitative research methodologies, including ATUs, market segmentation, choice modeling, etc.
Knowledge of advanced statistical methods, such as regression analysis, cluster analysis, perceptual maps, conjoint analysis, discriminant analysis and others
Expertise with SPSS or similar statistical software highly desirable
Experience with qualitative research and/or syndicated data a plus
Demonstrated success managing research studies independently, from questionnaire design to report delivery, including multi-market and complex research studies
Strong expertise in Excel and PowerPoint
Experience in food/fresh meat industry a plus
Education, Training and Network
Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Market Research, Marketing, Business, Economics, Mathematics or the social sciences