Oversees the development and execution of research, data, analytics and interpretation of results to answer client business questions and drive the creative process through data visualization and storytelling. Provides leadership for all public relations strategies.
- Help identify key issues facing clients’ products and brands, brainstorm solutions and work with functional teams to craft research and insights to deliver effective results.
- Share global insights related to the meat industry, food and shopping trends in both retail and foodservice, demographic shifts and other patterns affecting the meat industry with stakeholders.
- Oversee and provide direction for the market research and account planning functions.
- Provide guidance to conduct strategic qualitative and quantitative research, methodology for uncovering insights, creation of presentation materials for clients, prospects and internal teams, and guidance on strategic implementation of solutions.
- Act as brand advocate and articulate brand identity to ensure strategic integrity of creative communications.
- Oversee the development of inspiring briefs and collaborate with Creative Communications Team leaders to guide on-message creative deliverables.
- Demonstrate leadership and project management skills on collaborative brand strategy/consumer insights projects.
- Develop and maintain solid working relationships with direct client contacts, prospects and internal team members.
- In conjunction with Strategy and Business Services Director, manage overall operational, budgetary and financial responsibilities and activities for functional teams. Plan and allocate staffing and financial resources effectively to meet team and Midan goals.
- Provide leadership to our Public Relations manager and strategies.
- Provide oversight and direction to team members in accordance with Midan policies and procedures. Coach, mentor and develop team members, including recruitment and onboarding, and providing care development planning and opportunities.
- Lead direct reports and team members using a performance management and development process that provides an overall context and framework to encourage contribution and includes goal setting, feedback and professional development.
- Other work as directed
7-10 years of experience producing quantitative ad hoc market research within the custom market research industry, customer and consumer insights, brand management, strategic planning or public relations
Strategic and tactical skill sets with an eye for numbers, intellectual curiosity, proficiency at problem solving, strong command of both traditional and digital media and the ability to make complex topics relatable
A mix of research vendor/agency and client-side experience; experience with qualitative research and/or syndicated data a plus
Extensive experience in various quantitative research methodologies, including ATUs, market segmentation, choice modeling, etc.; knowledge of advanced statistical methods, such as regression analysis, cluster analysis, perceptual maps, conjoint analysis, discriminant analysis and others; experience with SPSS or similar statistical software highly desirable; advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required
Ability to define problems, collect information, establish facts and draw valid conclusions based upon research and ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
Strong writing and verbal communications skills, including the ability to read, analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources, draft research reports, presentations and white papers and effectively support presentation of research results to customers, clients and team members
Ideal candidate will possess food and, more specifically, fresh meat marketing and/or market research experience
Education, Training and Network
Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Market Research, Marketing, Business, Economics, Mathematics or the social sciences or other related field combined with relevant experience
Food and fresh meat marketing experience; knowledge of livestock production and/or experience is beneficial to this position
Experience with customer information analysis, agricultural/commodity datasets and syndicated consumer behavior systems