The Associate Media Planner/Buyer is responsible for planning and developing advertising media programs; and negotiates and purchases, traditional, digital, sponsorship and event advertising. Also responsible for making special recommendations to be presented to the client and key account management personnel.
The Associate Media Planner/Buyer must be able to handle multiple responsibilities and efficiently juggle a workload that will always include shifting priorities and deadlines. On a daily basis, the position requires someone that can take initiative, has the ability to seek out information from appropriate sources and has exceptional follow-through. Attention to detail is extremely important.
- Meets with Media Planner, Associate MarTech Director, and/or Account Executives to establish media objectives and strategies for advertising campaigns
- Presents media plans to the Media Planner; makes revisions and adjustments as necessary
- Meet with the media team to communicate approved plans for implementation
- Evaluates communication goals of potential media plans and makes best recommendations
- Studies demographic data and consumer profiles to identify target audiences for print, broadcast or other media
- Negotiates and purchases, traditional, digital, sponsorship and event advertising.
- Prepares media plan flowcharts and manages directives to guide the execution process
- Evaluates editorial content, ratings and audience composition of a wide range of media vehicles to determine which would most effectively reach the target audience
- Meets with media representatives to evaluate the optimum use of budgeted funds to achieve marketing and sales objectives
- Maintains all media buys and is responsible for the post-buy results. Gathers statistics and identifies metrics to measure the success of recommendations
- Conducts media research, evaluates data, develops views; understands systems applications and understands various media and their applications against client strategies and goals
- Attends individual media presentations and/or industry presentations to keep current with industry changes.
- Manages day-to-day mobile marketing campaigns, including trafficking of ads, setting up new campaigns, and working with external ad vendors
- Communicates internally and externally with partners to manage the budget daily, make changes based on performance, and escalates issues or concerns to the manager
- Applies discretion to apply cost and purchase behavior analytics to measure and increase assigned campaign effectiveness to recoup ad spend
- Gathers organizes and presents competitive research and spending data, as requested. Provides market analysis and other reports, as requested.
- Other projects, as assigned
1-year media planning experience and/or 2 or more years’ media buying experience, preferably in an agency setting
Strong mathematical ability and detail orientated
Creative thinker with the ability to work well autonomously as well as with a team
Education, Training and Network
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field