The ideal Creative Communications Director lives for the next challenge, maintains a strong creative vision and is committed to nurturing our talented, growing team. Experience working in the fresh meats and/or fresh foods industry is preferred.
Key Result Areas:
- Drive Creative Output
- Keep up-to-date on new methods and technologies
- Leadership Team participation
- Measureable, timely achievement of Midan’s 2020 vision
- Successful, timely execution of annual goals, Rocks, action items, etc.
- Inspire and Guide Creative & Mar Tech Team
- Creative Communications
- Serve as a member of the Midan Leadership Team, working with other members to achieve set goals and priorities and communicate key information to the Creative Communications Team.
- Inspire, build and guide the creative communications team, including designers, copywriters, mar-tech specialists while maintaining a culture that emphasizes personal growth, pushing creative boundaries and having fun in the process!
- Provide vison for and continually improve upon our creative processes
- Guide/nurture creative brainstorming sessions, setting and continually increasing high standards for finished creative work.
- Oversee strategy for creative campaigns and individual projects to meet/exceed the business objectives of our clients.
- Manage multiple projects, on time and within budget, from concept to completion.
- Work seamlessly with account team members and the extended client service team to deliver compelling concepts and written rationales.
- Present initial ideas and refined creative solutions directly to clients as well as mediate client revisions and/or new directions with creative team.
- Effectively manage team members and priorities in a fluid and rapidly changing work environment.
- Provide quality control over concepts, creative development and final production/delivery.
- Review freelance creative resources (writers, designers, PR professionals, etc.) and external resources including printing and web production firms, accepting/rejection options.
- Attend creative pitches, help secure new business and strengthen the Midan brand.
- Participate in the development of new business proposals to ensure consistent showcasing of Midan’ capabilities.
- Act as brand leader and inspire the entire Midan team to act as brand champions.
- Oversee Midan’s internal brand standards and guiding ongoing brand development.
- Work with Human Resources in recruiting process of new team members. Provide new hire overview of CCT functions, client business and new business development functions
- Provide oversight and direction to team members in accordance with Midan policies and procedures
- Coach, mentor and develop team members, including onboarding for new team members and providing career development planning and opportunities
- Empower team members to take responsibility for their jobs. Delegate responsibilities and expect accountability and regular feedback
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among team that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution and the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness, supportiveness and working effectively together to enable the success of each team member and the team as a whole
- Consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with Midan’s why, vision, and core values
- Oversee Key Result Areas (KRA) development and reviews with direct reports.
- Assist direct reports in leading their teams: participate in performance management and development discussions when appropriate
- Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate Midan information through team meetings, one-on-one meetings, email, instant messaging and regular interpersonal communication
- Manage overall operational, budgetary and financial responsibilities and activities for the team
- Plan and allocate staffing and financial resources effectively to meet Midan goals
- Communicate regularly with other members of Leadership team as well as direct reports
- 10+ years of creative leadership experience; experience also managing digital/web dev are a plus.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of personalities and communication styles
- Dedicated writing experience
- Working knowledge of accepted standards and current trends in of interactive communications, brand development, digital, website and traditional print design and production
- Excellent communication and writing, editing and proofreading skills. Ability to communicate persuasively with clients and the creative team
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team in the development of successful campaigns and day-to-day operations.
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams to ensure effective execution and delivery of communication plans
- Experience managing company branding and marketing campaigns
- Capable of supervising and training team members, as well as guiding internal brand champions across multiple locations
- Willingness to travel and work extended hours as required
- Comfortable living in or near Mooresville, North Carolina
- Previous experience in the food industry is ideal; meat experience is preferred; familiarity with the retail and foodservice channels is preferred.
- Familiarity with AP stylebook is a plus
- Connections to North Carolina design communities (particularly Charlotte, Winston-Salem areas) or a willingness to build these relationships through involvement in local professional creative organizations and beyond.
Education, Training and Network
Past or current involvement in professional organizations such as AIGA, Art Director’s Club, Society of Publication Designers, etc.