The HR Coordinator provides a wide range of administrative support activities for the Human Resources team, as well as manage individual or team projects and processes. This role also provides general administrative, project and office support to the local and offsite team members to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization.
Human Resources Support
- Support Human Resources Director and other HR team members with HR initiatives, including performance management, talent acquisition, on boarding, compensation, HRIS and file maintenance, benefit enrollment.
- Book candidate travel arrangements with direction from the Talent Acquisition Manager (air, hotel, ground transportation); submit candidate expense reports to Accounting for processing.
- Maintain phone list and organizational chart.
- Maintain attendance records and process all team member time off requests.
- Respond to/field general human resources related questions.
- Under the guidance of the HR Director, coordinate input and create newsletter for biweekly distribution.
Chicago Office Support
- Act as backup for executive assistant for technology issues, office equipment maintenance and troubleshooting, and event planning Assist with setting up conference call meetings (Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc.).
- Assist executive assistant with maintenance of office and kitchen supplies ensuring adequate inventory.
- Maintain tidiness of general office area, including conference rooms and kitchen area.
- Provide project support to offsite and local team members.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- At least one year of administrative experience working with Human Resources team
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills, extremely detail-oriented and able to juggle multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to handle highly confidential, sensitive and/or critical information, files, records and reports
- Excellent written, proofreading and verbal communication skills; excellent grammar and punctuation knowledge
- Microsoft Office expert (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook) and proficient with webinar meeting software
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment
Education, Training and Network
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Some accounting knowledge helpful