The Junior Account Executive is primarily aligned with a single client/brand with the intent to grow in leadership within that account. This position may have sole responsibility for minor brands or initiatives within the client portfolio of work and their associated budgets or they may work under the guidance of the Sr. Account Executive to support larger brands and initiatives and their associated budgets. The Junior Account Executive is client facing and is responsible for full execution of projects but also provides significant background support for other members of the account management team. This position is also responsible for asking, “What if…?” to bring new ideas to client(s) and team members in order to grow client business and Midan relationship. Professional development in identified areas of opportunity is stressed.
- Work with client and Sr. Account Executive to understand marketing needs and develop, execute and evaluate effective marketing programs that deliver results against those needs, to client’s satisfaction.
- Act as an agency contact for client, and be a source of information and programming resources for internal teams
- In conjunction with Project Management, develop and manage timelines and project plans for client-facing initiatives
- Work with Account Coordinators in the development and execution of client marketing programs
- When necessary, solicit assistance from other Agency team members (creative communications, market research, public relations, etc.) to provide support and information to satisfy client needs. Must coordinate all activities with other Agency team members in order to ensure desired resources are available when needed.
- Manage project budgets and provide regular management reports on all efforts for client
- Conduct the monthly billing worksheet reviews to provide Accounting with accurate billing worksheets for the client
- Build, develop and grow any business relationships vital to the success of each project
- Update Marketing Plans and Performance Assessment documents to track scope and success of projects every month
Minimum of three years of experience in marketing, retail or agency account management
Excellent organizational, communication, analytical and writing skills; detail-oriented
Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments
Must be willing to travel up to 25%
Education, Training and Network
Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree a plus) in marketing, animal science, meat science, agri-business or production
Fresh meat marketing experience; knowledge of livestock production and/or experience is required for this position