The Media Buyer is responsible for the negotiation and placement of all media advertising for existing clients and new business, in addition to making special recommendations to be presented to the client and key account management personnel.
- Meets with media representatives and analyzes proposals and packages for broadcast and print advertising.
- Provides new and profitable ideas to grow clients’ business.
- Gathers, organizes and presents competitive research and spending data, as requested.
- Provides market analysis and other reports, as requested.
- Determines television programs, radio stations and newspapers for print to use for all buys.
- Processes changes on media buys for all assigned accounts.
- Works with Account Executives on media questions and overflow of accounts, directed by Account Director.
- Processes necessary paperwork for all media buys.
- Acts as liaison between media vendors and agency.
- As requested, participates in client meetings, as representatives of media department, for media plan presentation and strategy sessions.
- Works with Creative Communications Director and Account Director on budget planning.
- Attends individual media presentations and/or industry presentations to keep current with industry changes.
- Keeps all media files relating to specific clients.
- Resolves billing discrepancies as needed.
- Provide support to clients, as needed
- Provide research findings for various projects
- Other projects, as assigned
- 2 or more years’ media advertising experience, preferably in an agency setting
- Strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint experience is required
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent research skills
- Aware of media trends and have a flair for business and commerce
- Resourceful and creative, recognizing opportunities
- Ability to anticipate advertising and marketing trends
- Entrepreneurial, dynamic and charismatic
- Be self-reliant and able to work on tasks independently
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Creative thinker with the ability to work well autonomously as well as with a team
Education, Training and Network
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field