This person will act as the community manager for client brands by working to nurture and grow the brands online community. The Social Media Coordinator works to implement strategies to encourage conversations and engagement, grow communities while managing the client’s social presence. This position is responsible for monitoring and budget management as well as creating monthly posting and ad schedules. This position will also assist other members of the MarTech team with management of client digital marketing needs. These efforts may include general website maintenance, content writing, influencer marketing, A/B ad testing, presentation development and monthly reporting.
The ideal candidate must be able to handle multiple responsibilities and efficiently juggle a workload that will include shifting priorities and deadlines. On a daily basis, the position requires someone that can take initiative with minimal direction, has the ability to seek out information from appropriate sources and has exceptional follow-through. Attention to detail is extremely important.
- Set up and optimize brand social pages within multiple platforms to increase brand visibility
- Manage multiple brand presences in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, posting on relevant blogs, video content and live streaming, and seeding content into social applications as needed
- Execute paid media campaigns across social media platforms with detailed reporting to stimulate traffic, brand awareness and develop brand loyalty including detailed reporting and budget management
- Create and manage social events, contests and promotions on social media platforms
- Manage social media campaigns and day-to-day monitoring
- Produce and manage social media content on social platforms, including website, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
- Ensure engaging messaging and adherence to best practices for each platform with guidance of content calendars
- Work collaboratively in a heavily cross-functional, fast-paced environment to achieve goals and growth objectives
- Keep up-to-date with best practices in content writing, social media and business/industry trends.
- 1-2 years of social media or content development experience
- Social Profile development: strategy, research, planning, execution, audience engagement and audience building
- Working knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+, etc.
- Social Advertising experience on FB, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn
- Some experience with Content Management Systems including WordPress
- Expertise using Canva and other non-Adobe image manipulation tools
- Solid creative and writing skills
- Be self-reliant and able to work on tasks independently
- Creative thinker with the ability to work well autonomously as well as with a team
- Exceptional communication skills, both one-on-one and across all levels of management
- Experience writing copy for business growth purposes
- Highly creative interests – ideation for business
- Experience with Google analytics and how to track performance of content
- Digital Marketing growth path interests – SEO, PPC, Social Media, Website, Content
- Experience using 3rd party tools for content management, scheduling, distribution and reporting
Education, Training and Network
Preferred – Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications