Midan Marketing provides insight and analysis to the meat processing industry. We believe strongly in our Core Values, which include integrity, commitment and accountability. Critical to this mission is our commitment to upholding the highest standards of data protection for our customers.
If you wish to amend any of the personal information that we hold about you, update your marketing preferences or learn more about how we use your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting email@example.com.
Information we collect
Information we collect from you can include but is not limited to:
- Your name
- Your company name
- Your title
- Your email address
- Your telephone number(s)
- Your business address
- Your credit card information if you order a product (i.e., a research report)
On occasion, we will ask you to voluntarily provide additional information, for example:
- Your opinion of our products and services;
- Your preferences, including emails and other communications;
- Other information relevant to our industry.
Information we obtain through cookies and similar tools
Lawful basis for processing
We only process personal information where we have a lawful basis for doing so, such as the following:
- User consent – This is where you have given us explicit permission to process personal information for a given purpose. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. You can manage your preferences by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Legitimate business purposes – This is where we have a legitimate interest, as a business, to process personal information. For example, where we are aware of copyright infringements on our site, it is in our legitimate interests as a business to identify those responsible. We take due care to balance our interests against your right to privacy.
How we use your personal information
We collect personal information for these main reasons:
- To provide our service – We require some of your basic personal information so our services work as you would expect.
- To improve and maintain performance – In order to provide you with the best possible user experience and value, we need to make sure that our products and services work as they should. Using personal information helps us understand how our readers experience our website and services, so we can make improvements.
- To personalize our products and services – We improve your experience of our products and services by personalizing parts of our website and apps with the information you give us and what we learn about you. This includes showing you articles you may be interested in and recommending emails you may wish to sign up to.
- Recruitment – If you apply for a role via our website, we will process your information in order to facilitate the application process.
We do not share your personal information with anyone.
We do not disclose your personal information to any other business entity or person for any reason.
How long we retain your personal information
We retain the majority of your personal information for as long as you are an active user of our site and continue to access our content, products and services.
If you become inactive and are no longer a subscriber, we may delete elements of the information associated with your account.
Where we don’t need to keep all your information in full, we will obfuscate or aggregate it, for example, web activity logs and survey responses. This is to ensure that we do not retain your information for any longer than is necessary.
It is sometimes necessary for us to keep your personal information for longer periods of time, for example:
- If there is a statutory requirement to retain it;
- If we require the information for legal reasons or there is a legitimate business need for us to retain it;
- To ensure we do not contact you if you have asked us not to.
How we keep your personal information secure
We have appropriate technical and administrative security measures in place to help ensure that our users’ information is protected against unauthorized or accidental access, use, alteration, or loss. We use encryption technology to protect your personal information when you order products or services from us.
Under data protection laws, you have rights as an individual in relation to the personal data we hold about you. These rights include:
- The right to object to direct marketing – your preferences, including in relation to direct marketing;
- The right to access the personal data that we process about you;
- The right to request the deletion of your personal data;
- The right to request the rectification of your personal data
You can exercise these rights by contacting email@example.com.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The FTC encourages consumers to file a complaint whenever they have been the victim of fraud, identity theft, or other unfair or deceptive business practices. They can do it online, or by calling the FTC’s Consumer Response Center at 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357).
Our website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. We do not intentionally collect or use any information from children.
If you have questions regarding the processing of your personal information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This policy is effective beginning 02/01/2019.